What is the Aotearoa Inclusivity Matrix?
The Aotearoa Inclusivity Matrix is an evidence-based framework that allows organisations to identify the maturity of their diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) practices across seven components.
This framework was developed for the unique dynamics experienced by workplaces across Aotearoa New Zealand.
The seven components that form part of a strategic approach to DEI are:
- Diversity infrastructure
- Diverse recruitment
- Inclusive career development
- Inclusive collaboration
- Social impact
Supported by a suite of AIM Insights assessment tools (see below), the framework can be used to analyse an organisation’s practices in each of these seven components across five maturity levels, ranging from starter to advanced.
Fill in the form at the bottom of this page to download the framework and a guide to using it.
Benefits for workplaces
Engaging with the Aotearoa Inclusivity Matrix allows organisations to:
- Understand what DEI excellence looks like
- Benchmark the maturity of their DEI journey against other organisations in their sector or workplaces with similar characteristics (size, location etc)
- Identify and analyse gaps in current practices
- Create a pathway to shift the organisation through the matrix maturity levels
- Prioritise investment in their DEI journey
Benefits for Aotearoa’s diversity landscape
The creation of the Aotearoa Inclusivity Matrix provides:
- A national standard for workplace DEI in New Zealand
- A strategic roadmap for the design of programmes, training and projects delivered by Diversity Works New Zealand, the national body for workplace diversity and inclusion
AIM Insights is a suite of assessment tools available to our members that have been designed to help assess DEI maturity against the AIM framework, identify key gaps and opportunities, and create a roadmap for organisations to develop their mahi in this space.
There are three levels of support that AIM Insights can provide:
- Self-Assessment: A survey to be completed by one person on behalf of your organisation which will provide an overall assessment of your DEI maturity in the form of an automated report. This tool can be accessed for free by members.
- Qualified Assessment: A consultancy service in which a member of our team can guide you to complete the survey, or qualify the responses you supplied using the Self-Assessment tool, and provide a more detailed level of analysis and recommendations. It will provide you with extra confidence and assurance by confirming that your assessment and recommendations have been verified by a member of our team.
- Employee Perception Survey: A survey completed by your employees at large to determine their perceptions of DEI within your workplace. While the AIM Insights Self-Assessment and Qualified Assessment can provide an overall view of your DEI maturity as a reflection of your inventory of practice, this does not capture the impact that your DEI work has on your employees and their day-to-day experience. For this reason, the AIM Insights Employee Perception Survey is designed to gather these insights to understand the employee experience in relation to DEI.
Members can get more information on the AIM Insights tools and access the Self-Assessment tool here.
- Complete the form below to download the Aotearoa Inclusivity Matrix framework and a guide to using it. This will give you an understanding of the seven components organisations must consider when taking a strategic approach to DEI and the indicators used to measure maturity levels.
- Learn more about AIM Insights, our suite of assessment tools designed to give organisations indications of their DEI maturity level and recommendations for progressing in their DEI journey.
- Log in to complete the AIM Insights Self-Assessment to receive an automated report on your current DEI maturity level and talk to our Membership team about taking a Qualified Assessment.
- If your organisation is not yet a member but you would like to access the AIM Insights tools, head to our join us page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the Aotearoa Inclusivity Matrix framework, please complete the form below.