Date: 6th June, 2018
Time: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Nau Mai Meeting Room, Te Puni Kōkiri House,
143 Lambton Quay,
Members: $165.00 +GSTNon-member: $225.00 +GST
Cultural intelligence is a key competency in being able to connect with diverse markets and create an inclusive workplace.
New Zealand’s population is made of more than 200 ethnic groups and it’s imperative that businesses have initiatives in place to harness the opportunities and manage the challenges of a culturally diverse workforce.
In this half-day workshop, you will explore the connection between New Zealand’s diversity landscape and the diversifying of ideas and talent, understand how you personally interact in a culturally diverse environment and learn strategies and actions that increase your ability to work effectively in cross-cultural teams and environments.
• Get an overview of NZ’s current ethnic and cultural diversity, and take a look at our bi-cultural history
• Understand your own drivers and motivations
• Articulate cultural intelligence in 4 key components: Cultural drivers, knowledge, strategies and action
• Learn about cultural capital and empathy and how to apply these in a real workplace context
• Learn new or different ways of connecting with others from different cultures
• Understand the difference between our core and flex
• Develop tools and strategies to help you reflect on your own biases, judgments and thought processes
This workshop will be facilitated by Diversity Works New Zealand, Diversity Manager, Fia Collins – read more about Fia here.
Login to book at Members' rates
Bookings are closed for this event.