Date: 5th March, 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Level 1, City Chambers, cnr of Johnston and Featherston Streets,
Member: $225.00 +GSTNon-member: $350.00 +GST
Cultural intelligence is a key competency in being able to connect with diverse markets and create an inclusive workplace.
New Zealand’s population is made up of more than 200 ethnic groups and it’s imperative that businesses have initiatives in place to harness the opportunities and manage the challenges of a culturally diverse workforce.
In this half-day workshop, you will:
• Get an overview of New Zealand’s current ethnic and cultural diversity, and our bi-cultural history
• Understand your own drivers and motivations
• Articulate cultural intelligence in four key components: Cultural drivers, knowledge, strategies and action
• Learn new or different ways of connecting with others from different cultures
• Develop tools and strategies to help you reflect on your own biases, judgments and thought processes
• Learn about cultural capital and empathy and how to apply these in a real workplace context
This workshop will be facilitated by Gita Jayaram – read more about Gita here.
Cancellations and Refunds: Please send an email to Diversity Works New Zealand at firstname.lastname@example.org at least five working days before the event start date to receive a full refund/credit. No refund or credit will be given for cancellations made after this time or for non-attendance at the event. Prices displayed are in NZ$.
Login to book at Members' rates