Creating inclusive workplaces can bring positive outcomes for employees, organisations, and society, but it requires more than good intentions and a positive spirit. Truly inclusive and innovative workplaces use proven methods to assess and change conventional systems that hinder full and equitable participation of their workforce. Design thinking and human-centred design have been steadily growing in popularity across geographies, industries, and audiences. More and more, we see organisations using these frameworks to promote creativity and innovation not just in product development but also in systems, processes, and strategy design.
In this workshop, we explore how these frameworks can help organisations reconfigure their diversity and inclusion systems and processes. Through a hands-on learning experience, you will experiment with different methods and tools to support the design and transformation of our workplaces to unleash the powers of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Understand core concepts of design thinking and its application.
- Discover the connections between design thinking and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI)
- Foster a mindset to design (and redesign) systems and processes from a DEI perspective.
- Explore design thinking as a driver for innovation and collaboration inside organisations.
- Get hands-on methods and tools for design thinking in diverse working environments.
Find out more about your facilitator Dr Diana Albarran Gonzalez
Date: Thursday 30 June 2022
Venue: Diversity Works New Zealand, Level 1 90 Symonds St, Auckland 1010
Investment: Member $225+GST; Non-member $350+GST