Unconscious bias can have a negative impact on talent management, whether that’s attracting, recruiting, developing or retaining employees. Increase your awareness of where biases may be affecting human resources processes within your organisation, limiting the opportunities for diverse talent to join, grow and create a productive, inclusive working environment.
- Expand on your understanding of the neuroscience underpinning unconscious bias and how it relates to human resources systems
- Understand how social experiences create assumptions of common sense and stereotypes that inform our decision-making processes about people
- Understand how our workplaces and our human resources systems are the product of culture and history
- Reflect on how biases can prevent certain groups joining or progressing within our workforces and develop strategies to mitigate this
- Look at examples of best practice within New Zealand and global organisations
Read more about your facilitator Hélène Deschamps here.
Date: Tuesday 20 October 2020
Venue: FNZ Ltd, 29A Brandon Street, Wellington 6011
Investment: Member $225+GST; Non-member $350+GST
Please note, the Understanding Unconscious Bias workshop is a prerequisite to this course. If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com