Cultural intelligence is a key competency in being able to connect with diverse markets and create an inclusive workplace.
New Zealand’s population is made up of more than 200 ethnic groups and it’s imperative that businesses have initiatives in place to harness the opportunities and manage the challenges of a culturally diverse workforce.
In this half-day workshop, you will:
- Get an overview of New Zealand’s current ethnic and cultural diversity
- Understand culture and cultural integration in the context of the workplace
- Find out about the risks of cultural dissonance in the workplace
- Understand the four components of cultural intelligence: Cultural drivers, knowledge, strategies and action
- Develop tools and strategies to help you reflect on your own biases, judgments and thought processes
- Use cultural maps to learn new or different ways of connecting with others from different cultures
Read more about your facilitator Dr. Guillermo Merelo here.
Date: Tuesday, 12 May 2020
Venue: NZME, Broadcasting House, Hardley Street, Whitiora, Hamilton 3200
Investment: Members $225+GST; Non-members $350+GST