UNDERSTANDING UNCONSCIOUS BIAS
Participants will gain an understanding of the neuroscience underpinning unconscious bias; use discussion-based learning to recognise bias in ourselves as individuals and leaders; and begin to explore the strategies to create change, build new neural connections, and mitigate bias.
Available as a three-hour face-to-face training or a 90-minute online session.
Learning objectives for in-person session
- Explore the research from the field of neuroscience
- Complete the Harvard University Implicit Association Test and discuss findings
- Learn about real-life issues and experience critical discussion exercises to explore how unconscious bias can manifest
- Reflect on examples of best practice from global and local leaders
- Challenge our thinking and build new connections
- Learn strategies to manage and mitigate bias
Learning objectives for virtual session
- The importance of diversity, equity and inclusion as distinct concepts in the people and culture management space.
- Essential points to consider when building a diversity, equity and inclusion infrastructure to support employees from diverse backgrounds.
- An introduction to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) systems, synergies and metrics.
- Journey mapping to guide diversity, equity and inclusion within the organisation
To request corporate training for your organisation, please email email@example.com
- To proceed, we will need a proposal to be signed (e-signature available);
- From there, we will work to align availability with one of our facilitators;
- After confirming availability, you will receive an email with relevant workshop details and materials and automated reminders will be scheduled too;
- All invoices are raised shortly after the workshop has been delivered and we encourage you to complete feedback forms so that we can work together to grow from our experience